Do you need service hours for rank advancement in Scouts BSA or Venturing? What about for school or a corporate community outreach? Camp McKee is always in need of people who want to tackle projects and make camp better for the hundreds of youth who will experience it in any given year. Past projects have included reconstructing trails, painting camp buildings, building a bridge to our island, and more.
Camp McKee is able to function because of the hours of work put in by dedicated volunteers. We are fortunate to have a large base of people who care deeply about camp. To everyone who has volunteered to help out, a big thank you from Camp McKee and from the Blue Grass Council!
The following is a list of some projects which need to be done around camp. Before doing any project, please make sure to check with Ranger Ken Green and coordinate your efforts with him. This is very important to ensure that you have the necessary resources and that your work will fulfill the requirements that camp needs.
- Paint Administration Building, Dan Beard Shelter, Handicraft Building, Lee Shelter, and Reynolds Lodge.
- Paint latrines in Campsites 2, 7, and 12.
- Repair tent platforms and outriggers.
- Remove invasive species along main road and Homestead road.
- Finish the bathroom renovation in Cooks Cabin.
- Build storage unit for kayaks.
- Build permanent shelter next to climbing tower.
- Build latrine in Adirondack Shelter area.
- Build new storage facility to replace semi trailer.